A man with a cigar once said, "I love it when a plan comes together."
It's been almost a month and I still can't believe it. Everything I've worked for. Everything I've fought against. It culminated in a few glorious moments when I showed our OWF World Heavyweight Champion that I was not to be fucked with. I got the one and only shot I wanted, then I said exactly when I would cash it in.
So where do I go from there? Apparently, Sebastian Steel.
I remember fighting him only a few months ago, when I was so focused on hurting people it nearly cost me the match. Nearly. The problem with Sebastian Steel is that he's useless in that ring. He couldn't even outsmart a crazy person. I had messianic delusions and was far more focused on the Steel that means something, but poor little Sebastian still couldn't get the job done.
But it's all part of the plan, right?
Isn't that your mantra? How you've got this bigger plan, if only we could see it? How's that working out for you? Twelve contendership points and you've yet to cash in. Tell me that it's because you're waiting for the right opportunity. Go ahead. Then tell me another lie, one that I'm more likely to believe.
I'd call you a coward, but I think we both know that's not true. It doesn't change the fact that you're too scared of being reduced to zero by the wrestlers that are superior to you in every way. It doesn't change the fact you're terrified that you can't get the job done against Jesse Williams either. Let's face it Sebastian, the last time you were a threat you were cosplaying a character that actually is a threat.
So what happens when you cash in those points and you come up short? What happens when you fail to win the big one, only to realize that Trent Steel really is better than you?
Is that still part of the plan?
Trent's been champion three times and you can't work up the courage to go after the title once. I think it's because you know you won't get it done. You'll cut a really mean promo, you'll act like nothing phases you, then you'll go in there and lose. That's what The Hostile Takeover does. Maybe you might consider this dropping to your level a bit. But all I'm doing is raising questions and providing truths. I question your ability to see the truth that you're half the wrestler your uncle is.
But let's ignore Trent for a minute. I know that's hard for you. As much as you claim you want to get out of his shadow you never seem to be able to shut up about him. Trent's holding you back, right? Trent and the old guard just won't give Sebastian Steel a break. Poor Sebastian Steel. He'd be on top of this business if only someone gave him a chance.
I think we both know that's bullshit. You have your chance, you just won't take it. That brass ring is going to forever dangle in front of you because you don't want to find out what happens when you reach for it and fall on your ass. It's not the old guard holding you back, it's your own hubris and self-doubt. It's funny we have a guy named Paradox in OWF because the moniker would fit you perfectly.
I guess I don't blame you. I'd doubt myself too if the only people I can beat are T-Money and Dusty Lawless. It must sting getting opportunity after opportunity handed to you, only to come up short every single time. You had the Pool of Blood match. You lost. You had a main event match with me. You lost. You took on Crystal Meth and Trent for a chance to cash in at Rise or Fall. You lost. Every single time something falls into your lap, you don't grab it so it simply rolls off and smashes on the ground.
I bet you didn't plan for that.
Do my comments strike a chord with you? Prove me wrong. I'd welcome it. Get out there and beat me. Get the biggest win of your career. Don't worry about me, I'd recover. The best of us can always recover from humiliating losses. This is your chance at hitting the reset button. You're back in the main event, against JC, on an episode of Addiction. There's even more at stake now, because I'm the de facto #1 contender.
So once again you have that opportunity you think older wrestlers like me are holding you back from.
Here's a spoiler alert for those who haven't been following OWF continuity. Sebastian Steel's going to choke again. It's an easy prediction to make. It's like predicting the sun is going to rise tomorrow. You win when it doesn't matter and you lose when it does. And this match definitely matters.
I will give you credit. You're booked on the PPV, in a title match, and I'm not. You're even teaming with that uncle of yours, who happens to be my tag partner. Good for you. Maybe you have this hidden ace up your sleeve, and you're about to beat me then beat Angel and Redemption. It's unlikely, but I suppose anything is possible. We once laughed at the idea that Drake Munday would ever hold any title.
Sometimes plans change.
I don't just assume I'm going to win a match. I treat it like it's important. So yes Sebastian, for about ten-fifteen minutes, I'm going to treat you like you're important. The old guard is going to acknowledge your existence, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold you back again. I have an obligation to myself to win. After all, I picked up the biggest win of my OWF career last month. I can't follow that up with a loss to Trent Steel's disappointing nephew.
That's what all this is for. That's why I'm trying to get under your skin a little bit. It's not out of malice. It's because I want you to prove you're worth the main event. Prove you're adequate competition to me. It's going to make it that much sweeter when I beat you. I thrive on competition and I want Sebastian Steel at his very best, regardless of how good that is compared to everyone else.
When I say 'beat me', it doesn't mean I think you can. But I do want you to try. There's no value in it for me if I beat you at fifty percent. I want to fight someone who is treating this match like his career depends on it. I want to beat someone who isn't just coasting from match to match. I want to beat someone who doesn't rely on his last name to get anywhere and then squanders the opportunities handed to him.
So come to Addiction. Plan to beat me.
Then plan to fail.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------