Friday, August 5, 2016

Prelude: Scar The Martyr


How did we get here, Trent? 

I'll tell you how. You betrayed me. I'm not sure why, but you decided that your own salvation was more important than our friendship. You tried to drag me down with you and not let me do what I do best.

I hurt people Trent. You know this. You used to approve it. We used to be brothers in arms, going to war with the filth of this industry because we were the only ones who could save it. The Rogues meant something. The fans would hate us, but that'd be okay because we knew that our cause was right. Our cause was just. What happened?

I'll tell you what happened. You changed. You decided to listen to the sheep who don't know what's best for them.

You fucking hypocrite. 

Remember how you mocked my brother when he tried to save me? More importantly, do you remember how well that went for him? We took him out of the OWF together, because that's how much the cause meant to us. I let you scorch his face with a fireball, my own flesh and blood, because I knew we were doing it for the right reasons. I still believe in that cause. You don't. So you've become just like all the others. Just another non-believer. Just another waste. Just another target.

You think you know so much about me because you've had a few conversations with my wife. You claim you have some insight into my state of mind? Fuck you. You don't know shit. You don't know who I am. And yet you should, because you were there when I was destroying people. You were there when I made history in NLW.

Of course, all I can really say is "you were there", because that's about all you were. You were a witness to my greatness. You were an inactive participant. JC's buddy, Trent Steel. He might get a few wins against nobodies but he chokes when it really counts. There would be no Inner Circle if not for me. There would be no Rogues. 

There would still be a Trent Steel, but only because I'm pretty sure you're immortal.

You're like some old horror movie villain that keeps coming back movie after movie even though they're long past the point of being relevant. You should be thanking me for ever giving your career the boost it needed. You should be licking my boot, the same one that saved your ass back at Campus Chaos from being destroyed at the hands of Shaun Stewart. 

And yet, you betrayed me. You've stabbed me in the back so many times since I returned, but since they were merely flesh wounds I withstood them. I let it slide. I would have annihilated entire stables for less but because you are my best friend, I let it go.

Sorry, "were". I meant to say, "were my best friend." Old habits, I guess. You lost the right to be called friend when you decided to be selfish and side with literally everyone else but me. 

Determined should have been our crowning achievement. After Dynamo cost us the belts, I wanted to re-establish our dominance. What did you do? You stopped me, again. I just couldn't let you do it. Not again. So yeah, I abandoned you and Dynamo. Yeah, I left you to the wolves in The Hostile Takeover. I didn't lift a finger to help. I walked away and pretended not to hear your bodies hit the mat. 

In that moment I said more about the future of the Rogues than a boot ever could.

The Rogues are done, Trent. Perhaps they were before we even started and I just didn't want to admit it. This is the end for us. 

Our end comes with a Kill Trent Steel match. Just another little game you're playing, to stop me from getting my hands on you by letting other people get their shots first. Zodiac, GI, Freedom Kid, Raven Talon...they'll get their chances, but none of them will hit you as hard as I will. You let your own selfish desires to be liked outweigh what's truly important. Now it's time for me to make you pay.

I guess I can't blame you for setting the match up this way. You want to prolong the execution as long as possible. You know what's going to happen. You know that once I come down that ramp there's nowhere left for you to go. There's no Inner Circle to save you. More than that, there's no JC to once again pull your ass out of the fire. This time, I'm the inferno and you're going to burn.

You want to be a martyr Trent? You want me to aim my scythe at your head instead of those who deserve it? I'll do that. I'll make an example of you. When I got here, I said no one is safe. Now we'll see that's true. But remember Trent, you did this. You betrayed meWhat happens next is on your head, not mine.

"Kill Trent Steel."

The name of the match is redundant. 

You're already dead to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------