Thursday, May 12, 2016
Prelude: Hypocrisy
I wish I could say that JC is just a character I play.
I wish I could say that I didn't enjoy hurting people.
If there's one thing I've prided myself on here in the OWF, it's that I always speak the truth. It's not the truth you want to hear and it's not the truth I want to tell, but it is what it is. The truth is, I am everything I've ever said I am.
Allow me to re-introduce myself. My name is JC. I'm an asshole with rage issues. I enjoy hurting people. I'm a pro wrestler in a world where pro wrestling doesn't seem to matter as much as it used to. I plan to change that no matter what it takes to do so. I am the answer to all that is wrong with the OWF.
I'm also the best OWF has to offer. Yes, I'm aware of how ludicrous that sounds in light of my recent setbacks. In spite of all my boasting and all my claims, it seems those five years away have sapped something from me. I could call it ring rust or say my losses are a pair of flukes, but those sound like excuses. My only solace is that I didn't look nearly as bad as Kid Dynamo did with all of his posturing.
I'm not sure where to go from here. You can only be on the cusp of greatness for so long before you get tired of waiting and thrust yourself against it. Do I learn from my mistakes and go on the tear that I know I'm destined to have? Or do I just give up, go home to my wife and leave well enough alone?
What the fuck do you think?
I'm better than this. If you think an elimination in a battle royal is enough to send me scurrying back to Jersey with my tail between my legs, you're sadly mistaken. I don't run from anyone. I don't take losses lightly. I recover and make myself more dangerous. Maybe I've been holding back. Maybe I don't have it anymore. We're going to find out at Addiction and it's going to be at Dynamo's expense. I think it's time I brought a little of my old self back and show this place what I can really do.
That means I'm going to sacrifice Kid Dynamo to my cause.
I have nothing left to lose at this point. I'm out of Quest. I'm not Network champion. Do you think I honestly care about fighting Greg Jackson or Moxie Roxie? They're beneath me. The fact that Greg Jackson even won Quest for the Best is less a statement about his abilities than a sad commentary on the lack of talent from everyone else. So no, beating either one of them to once again prove how great The Rogues are isn't exactly high on my to-do list.
Dynamo, I should probably tell you that I almost took you out at Campus Chaos. You stuck your hand out, you had that smug grin on your face and I just wanted crack your eye socket with my heel. In a way, you're lucky that Greg and Moxie entered the ring when they did. The Inner Circle wouldn't exist today. I would have hurt you, Trent would have sided with me and Green would be left with your mangled remains. We're in the Inner Circle together, but we're not friends. After Addiction, we might not even be allies. Call it a hunch.
What did you hope to accomplish at Quest? Did you think beating Redemption for the World title was going to change anything? It's going to take more than beating some masked lunatic to bring any real change. Look at Angel. He beat that lunatic and he couldn't even win the tournament. So, how do create the change we seek? Hurt as many people as possible, burn the OWF down and rebuild from the ashes. The circumstances, such as me saving you at Campus Chaos, don't really matter. Violence is violence, and it's going to take a lot of it before the OWF is where any of us want to be.
You can think about that as I beat you at Addiction. I don't just mean defeat you, either. I'm going to use you as my own personal punching bag. Don't get me wrong. I would rather be taking my aggression out on Lorenzo DeMarco for taking what belongs to me. I'd rather be beating up Shaun Stewart because it's so much fun. But Chase Johnson gave me you and I have a point to prove. Inner Circle or no Inner Circle, I will put you down.
I expect to leave Alaska with a win.
You should expect a beating so bad that Moxie will become a JC fan for one night only.
Should I explain what "God Mode" is to the ill-informed? I'm sure you know, since you thought it was a clever idea to use as a slogan. It's a cheat code in video games for losers who can't beat that final boss. You might as well call yourself a Game Genie. But if you think you need it to beat me, go ahead. Press the right buttons and turn on your God Mode. Bring the Konami code. I don't give a fuck. This ends badly no matter what you do. No continues. You and your friends are dead. Game over.
I wish I could say that this would be a bit of friendly competition between stablemates. The problem is, I don't really like you. You're a sanctimonious prick who thinks he's better than me because I do what you won't. You fail to see the bigger picture here. The OWF needs to be cleansed and you can't do that by pinning some people and calling it a night. You think Shaun Stewart's going to go away if one of us pinned him in a match? No. There's only one way to deal with clowns like that.
I am the way.
If I have to boot you in the face to make you see it from my perspective, then I'll do so gladly and with a slasher smile on my face.
I've seen what "God Mode" is capable of and I'm not impressed. It's a lot of talk and not a lot of action. So you beat Moxie Roxie. Big deal. I put her in a coma and the only reason she's back now is because she saw I wasn't here. You tried to prove a point by challenging Redemption for the belt. How did that go for you? What did your talk and bravado bring you? Not a damn thing. There's a reason the name of your shirt is "words" and not "actions". That's all you have going for you. Words.
I've managed to do more through my actions in the last two months than the words of "God Mode" could in the last two years. The Violent Society is down to three and Stewart has lost his blood, his Quest spot and his credibility. What have you done? You watched. You talked. You let me do all the work so you didn't have to get your hands dirty. You pander to the crowd and decry my actions even though you're directly benefiting from them. I did more to avenge what happened to Ellis Graham than you did and I've never even met the man.
Your words are full of righteous anger and fury, but your actions yield zero results. You talked a big game a couple of weeks ago and you still couldn't get the job done against Drake Munday. Once again, if Trent simply let me destroy him it would have helped everybody. At least he was thinking of someone other than himself. I don't really think the same can be said for you.
You're a hypocrite, Dynamo. You would be doing exactly what I'm doing if you could, but you don't want to lose the faith of the fans. Those fans don't know what's best for them. I do. I always have. I always will. That's what being The Answer is all about. I know how to make things better and I'm willing to make the hard choices to do it. I have no problem getting my hands dirty, if that's what it takes.
My name is JC. I'm the one, true savior of the OWF and we are in the middle of my Second Coming. Look upon my works, ye Dynamo and despair. Pray for mercy. Pray for salvation. Maybe some higher power will grant them to you.
You won't find either from me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------